Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday Treats: White Chocolate Covered Pretzels

One of the easiest, cutest, and tastiest treats yet-Chocolate Covered Pretzels!!! Mmmm!

So, I haven't mastered the "dunking of the pretzel" quite yet, but I think they still turned out pretty nice!

Ingredients:
Chocolate of your choice (I used white chocolate melting chips, two bags)
1 bag pretzels
food coloring

Directions:
Line baking sheet with parchment paper
Melt chocolate in double boiler (or microwave, as I like to do!)
Dunk the pretzel in and try to coat as much as you can, while either holding it on a fork, or holding it with two fingers. (I held with two fingers and dipped as much as I could)
Then, place each pretzel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. After you have filled the baking sheet, place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.

This is what my pretzels looked like after dunking them by the "two finger" way.

I then took the pretzels out of the refrigerator, dunked them in the melted chocolate on the other side, so to cover the entire pretzel, and placed back on the baking sheet.
Then, mix the chocolate with the food coloring of your choice, and drizzle all over the pretzels.
Place back in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
For a pretty arrangement, or cute party favors, put 10 pretzels in a baggie and tie with ribbon of your choice!
Bonus: Target sells about 5 ribbons on a roll in the dollar section...perfect length for tying up these goodies! I stocked up on them for more treats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment