I swear I'll make something other than pumpkin recipes…sometime.
Annie's Eats came through with another excellent recipe…Pumpkin Pie Bars.
1 1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
12 Tbsp cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the filling
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
Butterscotch chips for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 X 13 pan with aluminum foil lightly grease.
2. Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar in mixing bowl. Mix in butter (Annie's Eats mixed it with a pastry cutter, but I am way too lazy for that). Mix in the oats and pecans.
3. Place one cup of mixture to side. Add remaining mixture to prepared pan and press into bottom of pan for an even layer.
4. Bake crust in oven alone for 15 minutes.
5. While crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining cream cheese, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla with mixer until well combined.
6. Remove crust from oven.
7. Pour filling into pan over crust evenly.
8. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
9. Sprinkle butterscotch chips over top.
10. Bake for 25 minutes.
11. Allow to cool completely.
12. Slice and serve.