Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Wellness: Chicken Taco Chili

What would I do without Pintrest?  Last week after getting in late from California on Saturday night, I was pleased to have a chilly fall day to wake up to on Sunday.  I have been so ready for fall!  I wanted to pull out my crockpot and have something delicious to eat while watching the Raven's and the Orioles  games while I relaxed in my comfy clothes.

This Chicken Taco Chili was the perfect meal!  I through it all in the crockpot and served with some baked Tostitos and we were in game land!  Pretty healthy, super delicious, and warmmm meal!

Ingredients
1 onion chopped (I always just buy frozen chopped onions, as I HATE cutting up onions with tears running down my face)
16 ounce black beans (I always drain and rinse, as you know I'm not a fan of salt)
16 ounce can of kidney beans
8 ounce can tomato sauce
10 ounce package of frozen corn
2 14.5 ounce cans of tomatoes with chilies 
1 packet taco seasoning (I always use the 50% less sodium)
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder 
3 boneless chicken breasts
chopped chili peppers (I just used one small can)
Chopped fresh cilantro
I also added two fresh zucchinis for some added veggies, diced

Directions
1.  I like to place chicken in first, as I think it keeps it more moist.
2.  Top with remaining ingredients, except for cilantro.
3.  Cook on high for 6 hours (or low for 10 hours).
4.  A half hour before serving, take out chicken, shred, and place back in pot.  Top with cilantro.

ENJOY!!! 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Did I just pin this from you yesterday? If not, I pinned it from someone and I have all of the ingredients on my grocery list for today. I'm playing blog catch up in a major way. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete