Easy peasy weeknight meal that you can through together!
1 1/2 cup rice
1 container of low sodium, fat free chicken broth
1 pound shelled and deveined raw shrimp
2 heads of broccoli
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp chili powder
1. Add chicken broth and rice to pot, bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover for 40 minutes. (I always use chicken broth instead of water, butter, salt for a healthier alternative, plus I think it tastes more delicious)
2. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small pieces, add to ziplock bag with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/8 tsp chili powder and shake well to get everything mixed (I think I probably used 1/4 tsp salt…you know I don't like salt).
3. In a bowl, combine shrimp, 2 Tbsp olive oil, zest from lemon, and 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper (again, I probably used 1/4 tsp). Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
4. Once rice has about 20 minutes left, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread broccoli on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Add shrimp to baking sheet for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Serve shrimp and broccoli mixture over a bed of rice…Viola!