Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Treats: Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies were DE-LISH-IOUS!  Melt in your mouth!
My sweet tooth struck again this past week and I had minimal ingredients in the house.  I put in the ingredients I had in the website, allrecipes.com and boom, there I had a recipe I will be using again soon, I'm sure!

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cup flour
1 cup oats
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Cream together butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla until incorporated well.
3.  Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to mixture and combine well.
4.  Add half of your flour and mix well, but until just combined (you apparently can end up with rock hard cookies if over mixing here).  Add second half and mix until just combined. 
5.  Stir in oats.

 6.  Stir in coconut flakes.

 7.  Make dough into balls and distribute evenly on baking sheet.

 8.  Bake for about 8 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.

 9.  Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
(since I have no patience, this did not happen for me)

 10.  Allow to completely cool on wire rack.
(or, on paper towels….this is how my mom has always done it and therefore, this is how I do it in my kitchen…easy clean up!)


ENJOY!!!

Photobucket

1 comment: