Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday Wellness: Hydration

It's important to stay hydrated, as we all know, especially during these warm summer months. The only way I can get in all my water for the day is to carry around one of our Tervis Tumblers. Thankfully, they make lids for them now so I don't spill in the car! We have many of these, but my favorites are the flip flops, pink beach chairs, blue crabs, pineapples (of course!), golf green (maybe a gift for hubby in the future?), and of course the University of Tennessee "T"

Tips to stay hydrated:
1. Have a glass of water as soon as you get up
2. Carry a water bottle or something with you all day and fill up
3. Try to drink something before, after and during exercising, especially in hot weather.
4. Drink before you get thirsty
5. Try to limit caffiene and sugary beverages. Caffiene is a wonderful diuretic, but will quickly dehydrate you.
6. Keep a glass of water on your nightstand.

Signs and symptoms of dehydration:
1. Dry mouth or excessive thirst
2. Dark or infrequent urine
3. Muscle weakness or cramping
4. Headache, Dizziness or lightheadedness
5. Lethargy (Tiredness)

1 comment:

  1. These are great tips! Thanks! I've got monogrammed ones, that I ordered from 2PreppyGirls.com, and I love them!

    ReplyDelete