(Picture and recipe from Yoga for Breakfast)
I made these for a Christmas party this past weekend, and boy were they hard to keep on the dish to get to the party! I wanted to eat them all up! My dad was over while I was making them and I had to hide the plate from him too! Needless to say, they were a hit at the party, and I got many compliments on them. I think I will be having these at my Christmas party this year, but maybe top with some crushed candy canes!
1 package of Oreo Cookies
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
Chocolate candy melts
1. Set aside 5 cookies. Crush remainder of cookies in a food processor (or, place in ziplock bag, and hammer the heck out of them with a crab mallet :)). Do the same with the 5 others in a separate bag.
2. Mix the large bag of cookies with the cream cheese. Form into balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Refrigerate truffles for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate.
4. Dip truffle balls into melted chocolate. Place back on baking sheet. Sprinkle with smaller bag of crushed cookies.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.