Yet, another take on Pintrest…man, what would I do without that site?!
My boss called to see if I could make a dessert for our luncheon, in addition to the cake and cookies. Hmmm…what should I make. I thought about it for a while and then remembered these goodies I had "pinned" a while back. YES! That is it! So, the creativity had to swirl in my head, as I didn't have all the baking tools that the original pinner had. So, here's my take on this delicious dessert!
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
2. In another bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients to wet until well combined.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spray inside of large muffin pan.
5. Scoop about 1/3 cup of dough into your hand, and roll into ball. Place ball into muffin cup. This dough should make 11-12 muffin cups.
6. I used silicone cupcake holders and placed over top each ball of dough.
7. I then took a jello out of the refrigerator (told you I had to get creative here!) and used that to press into the silicone holder to make cup out of dough.
8. Once each ball of dough is shaped with jello container, place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
9. Then, remove silicone wrappers and cover cookie bowls with foil and bake for additional 5-10 minutes so that center cooks all the way through.
10. Remove muffin tin from oven and trim any overflowing dough around the sides, using a paring knife. Allow to cool in tin.
11. Once cooled, carefully twist bowls out of tin and place to the side.
12. Admire your beauties!
13. When ready to serve, scoop a big old scoop of ice cream flavor of your choice and top with whatever your heart desires.