Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday Treats: Canoli Dip

Around Christmastime I always make this for dessert for friends and thought last night was the perfect time to break it out again!
It's so easy and I promise you will get asked to bring it back again and again!
Again, this is not my photography, as I haven't gotten everything squared away in my new home yet, but I thought this looked great and shows how I sometimes serve it with Graham Cracker Sticks too! Last night, though, I used Stacey's Pita Chips, Cinnamon flavor.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions:
1. Mix cream cheese and butter together using a spoon.
2. Add sugar and mix on low speed.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Add mini chocolate chips and stir to mix well.
5. Refrigerate for at least three hours.
6. Form mixture into a ball.
7. Right before serving, roll ball onto plate of nuts to cover.
(If you are limited on time, follow steps 1-4, refrigerate as long as possible, and serve in a bowl as a dip)

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment