As I told you, I did not get much baking or dessert making done the week before Christmas, so I'm using the week before New Years to get back in the kitchen and get some of these ingredients out the door before a healthy and happy new year begins!
Last night I decided to make some Buckeyes (oh, and some more Pretzel Kisses). What could be better than chocolate and peanut butter together?!
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 pound confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
1. Combine melted butter, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix well.
2. Refrigerate for one hour, or until firm.
3. Roll into one inch balls and place on waxed paper.
4. Melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly.
5. Use toothpick to dip balls into melted chocolate, leaving small uncovered area so balls resemble buckeyes.
6. Place balls on waxed papers.
7. Use fingers to blend in toothpick holes.
8. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.