Saturday, December 25, 2010

Have a Very Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Remember the days of waking up and opening the presents "Santa" left for you and your siblings? I remember my sister and I looking over the banister to see if we could get a "sneak peak" while my dad was busy getting the (humungous) videocamera ready for us to come down the stairs. It seems like the good old Bicycle, Barbie, Play-Doh, Hot Wheels, Easy-Bake Oven, Mr. Potato head, Lite-Brite, boardgames (Candy Land, Sorry!, Chutes and Ladders, Boggle, LIFE, Connect Four), and G.I. Joe's have been replaced by Playstation's, ipods, and cellphones.
Call me old fashioned, but I always loved opening my gifts and running outside trying to ride my new bike, use my new roller skates, or open up all my new arts and crafts (of course there was no glitter…my mom did not like the "mess" it caused in the house). It always seemed like each of those years made for the best Christmas.

But now, as I have "matured" over the years, I remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Love.
Now, instead of gifts, I can't wait to spend time with my family and friends. It means more to me than anything.
Cherish each of your family and friends today. I know I will!
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas full of love and laughs!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment