Friday, August 6, 2010

Listen up, Sorority Alumni!

When visiting my cousin in South Carolina, she gave me a wonderful idea! She said some of the alumni of her sorority were taking their sorority pin to a jeweler and turning it into a piece of jewelry they could wear, such as a ring. How great of an idea is that?!

Here is the Delta Delta Delta pin I have, which is tucked away in my jewelry box since college.
So, why not get it out from the jewelry box and show it off?! I'm going to take it to our local jeweler and see if they can make it into either a charm for my charm bracelet, a pendant for a necklace, or...

...my favorite idea, a ring!
My only concern is that I would love to pass down my pin to daughter, niece, granddaughter, etc one day. I think it is very special. I was lucky enough that my sister invited me to her pinning as a Tridelta at Maryland, it was so special, something that not everyone gets to share. However, I could not hand down my pin to her, as I was still an active college Tridelt too!
For now, I'm going to check out the prices and see what would work best with the pin and I'll let you know as soon as I find my out what my latest jewelry with pearls will be!

5 comments:

  1. Laur, it is still available. Email me at sweetsouthernprep at gmail, and I'll give you all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful idea! Unfortunately, my sister used mine when she was a freshman and first got pinned. Even though she is my sister and I love her dearly, sometimes I have to wonder. She had it "tucked nicely" into a place in her car. By the time she arrived at her destination my pin was not to be found. Sadly, I have no pin. I have been meaning to order another one, just never get around to it. Glad this reminded me! Also, my sorority (Kappa Kappa Gamma) does a really neat thing--they request that if you do not have someone to pass your pin down to when you die, you have it returned to the headquarters to be saved in the archives. There are some amazing old pin there! Ok, I totally just rambled about all of this. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon - I would love to get in touch with you to see if you would be interested in blogging about Fat Talk Free Week as a Tri Delta Alumnae. Please email us at reflections (at) trideltaeo.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sister Delta!! Did you find a source for a pin ring, or did you have to find a jeweler to make one? My email is: Christinegator@gmail.com. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete