Thursday, June 10, 2010

Threading

Image here

Threading is an ancient form of hair removal practice in the Middle East, which has now become popular in the U.S. I decided to give this a try after many waxings leaving the skin around my brows red, irritated, and even peeling at times. One of my friends told me it didn't hurt nearly as bad as waxing. I'm not going to tell you it does not hurt, because honestly, I still sit in that chair and unconsciously hold my breath while the girl threads my brows. However, the finished product is why I continue to go back. There may be a slight pinkness to the skin immediately after, but I have not had any peeling or irritation afterwards, and it looks SO much better! Plus, there are no chemicals involved, which makes the price better than waxing also! In my case, and I don't know if this is for everyone, I swear I have to go less often than if I waxed...yet another plus! As for me, Threading has become a beauty routine that I'm not planning on giving up anytime soon for the old goopy gloppy wax!

No comments:

Post a Comment