Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mom's Hot Milk Cake

This is one of my VERY favorite recipes from my mom! She is not the worlds best cook, but she is an EXCELLENT baker! Try this recipe out...you will not be disappointed!

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs

Directions:
1. Heat milk and butter in saucepan until butter melted.
2. Mix together sugar and flour. Add baking powder and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
3. Add milk and butter mix to flour mixture, small amounts at a time and mix well.
4. Pour into bundt pan. I greased mine, but since it was a nonstick pan, I don't think I had to.


5. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.


TA DA! (I wish I had one of my many cake plates to display this on for you, however, as I have mentioned before, we are storing everything at MIL's as we do not have enough room at this time for all of our bakeware)
(See why I don't think it was necessary for me to spray my nonstick pan? Came out a little dark, but still tasted great and very moist!)
Let cool. Top with Cool Whip and fresh strawberries...YUM!!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment