Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
We headed to the beach and were spoiled with PERFECT weather! I was able to enjoy a run at the park, walks with the pup, rays of sunshine hitting my (sunscreen covered) face, outdoor cocktails, yummy seafood, and lots of laughs…you know, the kind that make your stomach hurt? My favorite kind!
Now, back to the baking….
Rocky Road Brownies….Mmmmm!
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped peanuts
1/3 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In small bowl, combine nuts, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add eggs, one at a time.
5. Add flour, cocoa, and salt. Blend until fully incorporated.
6. Spray 8 X 8 pan with nonstick spray.
7. Spread brownie batter inside pan, as evenly as possible.
8. Sprinkle nut, chocolate chip, and marshmallow mix evenly on top.
9. With backside of spoon, gently press down topping into brownie batter.
10. Bake for 30 minutes, or until marshmallows have crisp edges.
(I would bake for 33 min or so, as mine were a little gooey in the middle)