Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pesto Shrimp Pizza!


This is now one of my favorite recipes.  I love pizza, and this one takes them all!

Ingredients
Nonstick spray
1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (about 30-35 pieces)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
Pizza dough, homemade or store bought
Flour
1/2 cup  Pesto sauce
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat dough with nonstick spray and flour each side.
2.  Peel shrimp, and slice lengthwise.
3.  Spread pesto sauce on dough evenly.

4.  Saute onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper in 1/2 tsp hot oil in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.

5.  Transfer onion mix to a large bowl.  
6.  Saute shrimp in remaining 1 tsp hot oil for about 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
7.  Add shrimp to onion mixture and toss.  

8.  Top pizza with shrimp mixture.  

9.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

10.  Bake for about 25 minutes.  

ENJOY!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love pizza, pesto, and shrimp! These are some of my favorite pizza toppings. I wouldn't think to add red bell pepper, but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time we make pizzas I'm cooking this kind. Perfect to go with my pesto that is in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete