This is now one of my favorite recipes. I love pizza, and this one takes them all!
1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (about 30-35 pieces)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
Pizza dough, homemade or store bought
1/2 cup Pesto sauce
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat dough with nonstick spray and flour each side.
2. Peel shrimp, and slice lengthwise.
3. Spread pesto sauce on dough evenly.
4. Saute onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper in 1/2 tsp hot oil in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer onion mix to a large bowl.
6. Saute shrimp in remaining 1 tsp hot oil for about 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
7. Add shrimp to onion mixture and toss.
8. Top pizza with shrimp mixture.
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
10. Bake for about 25 minutes.