Another sweet breakfast recipe that I made for girls weekend. Its just as good warm or room temp, but with the weather we had that weekend, it was perfect warmed up with a cup of coffee.
1 1/2 cups, 1 Tbsp flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (I used fat free greek yogurt, and it was just as good!)
1 cup, 1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp grated lemon juice (~2 lemons)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
|Tip: spray pans inside the dishwasher, as there won't be a mess to clean up later!|
2. Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In mixer, combine yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
4. Slowly mix dry ingredients in with wet ingredients.
5. Mix blueberries with remaining Tbsp of flour.
6. Fold blueberries gently into batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about an hour, until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Meanwhile, cook the lemon juice and remaining Tbsp of sugar over low heat until sugar dissolves and becomes clear.
9. When bread is done, allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before placing on baking rack.
10. Carefully place baking rack over baking sheet.
11. Poke tiny holes with toothpick on top of bread.
12. Pour lemon mixture on top of bread while still warm.
(I used a pastry brush which worked great).
14. Cool completely.
13. Top with powdered sugar.