Monday, January 10, 2011

Wonderful Winter Weekend

What a fun weekend!
First, I started off Friday night eating steamed crabs with my family for my birthday.  This has become a little tradition for many years.  After all, who wants to go out for a big dinner after all the holiday foods and cocktails?!

I had a delicious cup of Maryland Crab Soup, one of my favorites, followed by a crab pretzel and steamed crabs, with of course, a Michelob Ultra.  Really, can you have steamed crabs without a beer?

Saturday was also a fun filled day.  I went with two of my best friends to the Starving Artist Show in Baltimore.  After getting a little lost, we finally found it and there were so many beautiful paintings!


I bought one similar to this one for above the bed in the guest room.
I think it goes perfectly and brings a little color to my blue and white room!  They frame the pictures right there if you want them to, and the price is right!  We had a great time walking around and checking out all of the fabulous art.

Then, being girls who have recently moved, or looking to move, we headed to a consignment shop we had never been to and checked out all the great furniture.  So nice to get fresh new ideas with friends and laugh at some of the silly pieces in there. 
Could you imagine having a HUGE sleigh or church pews in your living room instead of a couch?  We laughed so hard!

Well, you know, a little something else was going on Saturday...FOOTBALL!  So, we went to a local bar downtown and had appetizers and drinks with some of our good friends.  It was great to hang out with the girls and see some of the best guy friends too!

Sunday, was more football and cheering on the Ravens, even though I was a bit sad for Peyton and the Colts !

MANY THANKS (365 days of Thanks)
2.  I'm so thankful for my best girl friends.  I had so much fun with them this weekend and don't know where I would be without them.  They always know the perfect way to cheer me up and make me laugh! I don't know how I ever got so lucky to have the friends I do from elementary school on up.  I truly feel blessed!

3.  Baxter, my pup!  This little cuddle bug is the best puppy ever.  At one year old, he really is a good puppy.  I felt guilty for leaving him so long on Saturday, so Sunday morning we hung out in bed and cuddled and then we played his favorite game of catch with his soccer ball.  He really is the most lovable little pup and I'm so glad to have him.  I used to wonder about "those people" who tried to keep their pets alive and spent so much money on vet bills...I think I've become one of them, as I don't know what I would do without Baxter!

Hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend full of friends and laughter as I did!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a great weekend.

    I LOVE CRABS!

    Happy Monday Sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete