I don't know about you, but this week has been insanely crazy at work! Go figure…it's a full moon! And you know what they say about patients when it's a full moon!
Thankfully, I work with some pretty great people, and decided we all needed a little "pick-me-up" on hump day. I made these cookies and some Magic Bars (recipe to come Tuesday) for a little treat. Really, I wanted to bring in some adult beverages, which were very much needed, but figured the company would not appreciate that ;)
I got this recipe from Real Simple magazine, and let me tell you, that's just what this recipe is…Real simple!
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together PB, sugars, eggs, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
3. Shape dough into balls (about 1 heaping Tbsp each) and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Using tines of fork, flatten each ball, creating a crisscross pattern.
5. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until puffed and golden, (about 9-10 minutes).
The cookies will deflate when cooled
6. Let them cool slightly on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.