Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas


After coming home from Tennessee this weekend to a very cold Maryland, I needed to not only warm up the house, but my insides, too!  I wanted something a little healthier after indulging in some comfort foods and wine all weekend.  Roasted chickpeas it was…after all, that gave me a reason to turn on the oven, too!

Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
olive oil
garlic powder
(or whatever seasoning your heart desires)

Directions
1.  Toss chickpeas in a bowl with olive oil and seasoning.
2.  Spread out chickpeas on baking sheet.
3.  Bake at 450 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, watching carefully at the end to make sure they don't burn.

ENJOY! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. No way, this is SO easy and I bet super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a can of these a few months ago to roast them, but I think I've been too scared to try them. After eating way too much at the fair last night I think I'll be making them tonight for a healthy snack. :)

    ReplyDelete