I really think these should be called Toffee Cookies...
2 Tbsp butter, softened
2 Tbsp shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup toffee bits
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
(I completely omitted the pecans and used an entire bag of Health Bar toffee pieces)
1. In large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
4. Gradually add dry mix to creamed mixture.
5. Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
6. Shape into a 10-inch roll, wrap in plastic, refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
(I completely omitted this step and went straight for baking!)
7. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
(Or in my case, roll into little balls)
8. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
(I just used nonstick sheets and no spray)
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
10. Let cook 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
11. Remove and allow to completely cool on wire racks.
(Particularly true if you used as much toffee as I did…super gooey, so they need to harden on the cookie sheet first)