Friday, April 20, 2012

Springtime Fun

It's FRIDAY!  Let's dance!  
I can only hope this coming week is as wonderful as the last. 
Last Saturday, after a wonderful baby shower for one of my best friends, we took Bax to run around outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Afterwards, I headed downtown to celebrate my friend's 31st birthday!  This is the top I found at Forever 21 for a mere $18 to wear that night!  


Found the perfect gel nail polish color to match it and it's so nice and spring-y!
I stopped in to get my friend a gift certificate for some pampering when I spied this mascara. 

I cannot believe I'm going to say this…but I'm giving up my beloved Bobbi Brown mascara that I have sworn by for years on end in exchange for this Smashbox Full Exposure mascara.  It is a miracle worker!

After a fun night on the town, I headed home for a good nights sleep.  In the morning, we decided to make a nice breakfast and I wanted to try something new…Baked Bacon.


It was delicious and SO much less messier!  I recommend this highly!

After a nice breakfast, we headed over to Fort McHenry to take Bax for a nice walk around the water.  We stopped in at Dogma and got him an ice cream treat which he loved in the heat of the morning!


We wanted to continue to spend the day outside, as it was beautiful.  We headed over to the Tiki Barge…yup, Bax came too!  He enjoyed his first Orange Crush ;)


We had a nice little cookout on the deck when we got home and headed to bed early with the windows open- my favorite!
Monday, after I saw patients, we headed to Annapolis.  We couldn't help ourselves with the weather!


Of course, since we both came from work, we were in clothes that were not so comfy for the heat and walking around.  I found these cute shorts at The Pink Crab with a navy blue top and had to add a pink and white seersucker skirt to the bag!  Ahhh…felt so much better to change out of work clothes and into these!


That evening, the girls from work came over to enjoy a cocktail on the deck and have some appetizers.



This is by far one of my favorite things to serve on the deck.


Crab dipping chips with Roasted Pepper & Ramano Bruschetta…both from the local grocery store, Graul's Market.


Tuesday, after work, I headed out to happy hour with some old friends from GBMC, the hospital I used to work at a couple years ago.  It was so nice to see the girls and catch up!  I've missed them!


Afterwards, we went to dinner at Bistro RX downtown.  
It was my first time there and even though we were provided with some interesting entertainment (Baltimore's finest), we had a great meal (at least I did).  I got the shrimp and grits salad.  It was different…and delicious.  Salad greens with shrimp on top and grit/cheese croutons!  YUM! 


Wednesday, after work, I decided to stay in for once and get some things done around the house.  I cleaned out all the closets and took loads to the dump, Goodwill, and the local consignment shop (too much with tags still on them!  Whoops!)
Next up…I tackled the refrigerator and freezer.  Took everything out and washed it down with baking soda and dishwashing liquid (a recommendation on Pintrest) and it looks and smells great.
One thing I noticed…I sure have more (adult) beverages then food in here….Hmmm...

\

Thursday after work I had my first Supper Club.  It was so nice to meet up with girls on a week night and just hang out.  We all brought something…of course I did a dessert.  One day, I'm going to have to go outside of the box and try something else!  I made these

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Courtesy of Pintrest, Recipe to come next week


One of my favorite things about spring is the fresh fruits, veggies, and beautiful flowers. 
I was given these tulips this week and it puts a smile on my face every morning when I see them!


Hope you all have a wonderful week(end)! 
TGIF!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you how happy I am that ou are back to regular blogging again? I feel like I am back in your life!! (sorta) Um, super cute F21 top and everything from the Pink Crab sounds adorable. Pretty tulips! And I informed B last night that we have a full drawer of beer in the fridge he didn't know about. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) I think you and I are food twins -- I always think what you are eating/serving looks absolutely delish. Which recipe did you follow for baked bacon? I'd love to try that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seeing a lot of "we" in this post and that makes me so happy for you :) Hope all is well with you and Baxter! We should try and get the pups together one night soon!

    ReplyDelete