Salted Caramel Easter Popcorn
6 cups popcorn
2 cups chopped pretzels
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups Easter candy (I used peanut M&Ms)
1. In large bowl, combine pretzels and popcorn. Set aside
2. In large saucepan, bring sugar, salt and water to a boil over medium heat.
3. Boil, undisturbed, until mixture is amber in color (about 7-8 minutes)
4. Remove from heat and add in cream, slowly, as it will bubble.
5. Stir until smooth and add in vanilla, marshmallows (and red food coloring if desired for Easter).
6. Stir until marshmallows melted and smooth.
7. Pour caramel over popcorn and pretzel mix.
8. Use rubber spatula to coat popcorn.
9. Add Easter candy to mix and toss.
10. Spread evenly on large baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool completely.
11. I bagged mine up in little bags to give to neighbors and family for an Easter treat.