Thursday, April 19, 2012

Annapolis Book Signing


A couple weeks ago my sister and I were able to attend a book signing with one of our favorite cooks…Giada!  Williams - Sonoma hosted the book signing in Annapolis Mall.  We had a great time meeting her, if it was only for a quick second.  She is just as cute and fun in person as on television!  


This is her new book that we purchased for her sign.  I haven't had time to try out anything yet, but as soon I do I will let you know how it turns out.  I have only heard good things so far!

In the meantime, I tried her lemon pasta, per request.  I was nervous, as the "tester" said his favorite lemon pasta was from Italy and wanted me to try to recreate it…YEAH RIGHT!  I used Giada's lemon spaghetti recipe but added shrimp to it, for a little protein.

I gave it my best shot and this is what I came up with…


Ingredients 
1 pound spaghetti
1 pound raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
salt and pepper (I omit salt in almost everything and did again here…shhh don't tell the tester…he's a salt-aholic!)
2 Tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions
1.  Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salt water (I did add salt here) for about 8 minutes.  Meanwhile, saute shrimp in skillet with lemon juice for added flavor.
2.  Whisk the oil, parmesan cheese and lemon juice in large bowl to blend.
3.  Drain pasta, saving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
4.  Toss the pasta with lemon sauce and cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time.  
5.  Add shrimp and toss to coat.
6.  Season with salt and pepper.  Garnish with lemon zest and basil.  


ENJOY!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That looks delish and I love the fact that it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! As you know, I love lemons, so this pasta is going on my list of things to make, for sure. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete