In honor of National S'mores Day, I thought I would make these yummies for some of my favorite nurses.
adapted from Baked Perfection
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey's chocolate bars
(I found I needed 3 bars)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In large mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Slowly beat in flour mixture until smooth.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop cookie dough by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
8. While cookies baking, chop or break Hershey's bar into pieces.
9. Bake cookies for about 8 minutes.
10. Remove cookies from oven and push 3-4 marshmallows into cookies.
11. Push pieces of chocolate into cookies.
12. Return cookies to oven and bake for additional 3-4 minutes, until fully cooked.
13. Remove cookies from oven and cool on wire rack (or on paper towels if you're in a rush to go out for a glass of wine, like me!)