Friday, August 5, 2011

BS

This post is not about the "BS" you would think.
I'm talking about the Bachelor of Science, in Nursing.


I saw this and felt the need to repost it:

The Bachelors of Science Nursing (BSN) degree has been chosen as the toughest degree among all the college degrees by the Guinness Book of World Records on 18 MAY 2011 . It has 64 university exams + 130 series exams + 174 assignments within 4 years (max 1000 working days ) AND 100's of clinical hours. All BS nurses  be proud to be a BSN degree holder


I attended University of Tennessee, Knoxville for my BSN and couldn't be more proud.  Here was our little nursing building.  Not much to write home about, but it was my second home (or really third home outside of the Medical Center) that taught me so much more than I could have ever asked for in order to have the book smarts that go along with nursing.  (In my opinion, in nursing you learn WAY much more in clinical and at the bedside)
Not every nurse has their BSN.  And we all get paid the same amount whether you have your associates degree or a bachelors degree.  I felt it was almost silly to have my BSN as I had the same privileges as nurses who did not hold their bachelors.  But it was my bridge to my MS, where I currently hold my certificate as Adult Nurse Practitioner.  I loved my job as a floor nurse just as much as I do now as a practitioner, but it certainly is nice to have the autonomy now. 

Either way, I think nurses are special people and I couldn't be the nurse I am today without all my fellow coworkers out there, no matter their degree.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment