Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Treats: Pumpkin Cupcakes


The weather has been gorgeous here.  Sunny, no humidity and in the 70's.  LOVING it!  It made me want to break out the fall clothes and pumpkin pie!  Of course, I turned to Pintrest when I was craving a sweet treat on Sunday, and these were just perfect for my sluggish day, as they were EASY and tasty.

Cake Ingredients
1 box of any cake mix (I used the super moist yellow cake)
1 can pumpkin puree

Icing Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
8 ounce pkg of cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups powdered sugar

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners in muffin tin (I always use my reusable silicone ones…my mom says this is "very green" of me which made me feel good!)
2.  Combine the pumpkin puree and cake mix.
3.  Fill up the muffin cups equally.
4.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.
5.  Allow to cool completely while you make the frosting.
6.  Combine all icing ingredients in mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
7.  Frost the cupcakes once completely cool.

Taste the deliciousness of fall….

…and if you are like me and ate two in one sitting, you must pack up the rest and share with friends and family! 

ENJOY!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. I just found it on Classic Annie Blog. Thanks for all the recipes. I am from www.LooksLikeLuLu.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete