Friday, September 7, 2012

Pintrest Project

So, I have this {gross} dish that sits on my bathroom counter to hold soap, lotion, and perfume.  When I bought it in Cape Code I was in love with it.  It was so sparkly and beautiful.  Well, now look at it.  GROSS!  So, once again, I turned to Pintrest for a little help.

 Just look at this bottom.  It makes me sad :(

So, Pintrest suggested I line a baking dish with crumbled up aluminum foil, fill it with boiling hot water, covering my piece, and sprinkle with baking soda.  VIOLA…the grime would be gone.


DID NOT WORK!

So, I turned to the next suggestion on Pintrest….toothpaste.  This made me nervous, to say the least.  And as I rubbed toothpaste all over one of my favorite pieces, with black foaming toothpaste filling the sink, I started to sweat.  What was I doing?!


BUT…it turned out great!  


 Now I have my perfectly beautiful piece all shined up for display again!  

Moral of the story:  Toothpaste works!  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment