Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday Treats: Cream Cheese Pound Cake


I've heard all over Pintrest that this is the best cake, and even my friend, Erin, in California told me about it a while ago.  I knew I had to try it, and I found just the occasion.  Last week, after my parents had their final day of moving with the movers and all, I wanted to bring them dinner and dessert, as I knew they would be tired after a long day.  I thought this would be a perfect time to try out the recipe.  Not only did they love it, but so did their neighbors!

Ingredients
11/2 cups butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Grease bundt pan and place to side.
2.  Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy.
3.  Gradually add sugar, beating well.
4.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.

 5.  Combine flour and salt.  Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended well.
6.  Stir in vanilla.
7.  Pour into prepared pan.
8.  Bake at 300 degrees for an hour and 40 minutes.  

 9.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes.  

 10.  Remove from pan and continue to cool completely.


ENJOY!!!

Photobucket

3 comments: