Just another delicious Pintrest recipe! I made this dessert for my dad for Father's Day, as he loves anything lemon (well, except for lemon wedding cake, but that's a story for another day!). It was the perfect treat for a warm summer day…cool and refreshing!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans PLUS
2 tbsp chopped pecans
1 stick butter, softened
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
2 2/3 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, 1/2 cup pecans, and butter in medium bowl and mix well. Press into bottom of 11 X 18 inch pan.
3. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
4. Allow to cool.
5. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add ONE cup Cool whip and fold in gently. Spread over cooled crust.
6. Combine pudding mix and milk in medium bowl. Mix until thickened. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
7. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
8. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
9. Chill, covered, for one hour.
(Hopefully as much as Dad did!)