We got down to the beach before the rest of the group and wanted to make a fun dinner for all. Shrimp Boil was the perfect meal to prepare at the beach, as it was easy, quick, and didn't heat up the entire place.
1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
3 quarts water
1 can beer
6 medium red potatoes, quartered
1 1/2 large vidalia onions, cut in wedges
1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch lengths
6 ears frozen corn on cob, thawed
3 pounds large shrimp, in shells
1. In an 8 quart stock pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.
2. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
3. Add sausage; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
4. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
5. Add shrimp in shells; cook for 4 minutes.
6. Drain liquid. Pour contents of pot into several large bowls and sprinkle with Old Bay.
(or, as we did, dump on the newspaper covered table)
This served 6 of us with plenty of leftovers.