This was one of the three types of brownie desserts I brought down with me to Stone Harbor, New Jersey last week. The Buckeye Brownies are now one of my new favorites!
1 box brownie mix
(I always use the fudge kind)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9 X 13 inch pan and set aside.
3. Stir together brownie mix, eggs, and vegetable oil (this will be thicker then an original brownie mix)
3. Add peanuts and combine well.
4. Divide batter in half.
5. Press half of batter into prepared pan (it will be a thin layer).
6. In separate bowl, combine condensed milk and peanut butter with whisk.
7. Pour peanut butter mixture over brownie layer.
8. Drop remaining brownie mix over top of peanut butter mixture and press gently into peanut butter layer.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until set and golden brown.
10. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.