Carmelitas have been running wild on Pintrest, so I thought I must give them a try!
My best friend had her baby girl, and we all took them dinner and visited the latest addition. I made these Carmelitas for dessert and also the Best Blueberry Muffins for breakfast.
I would bake everyday if I got to see this precious baby girl! She melts my heart!
I was in heaven! Look how tiiiiny she is! I never wanted to give her back!
OK, back to the Carmelitas….
32 caramel squares, unwrapped
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Combine caramels and cream in small saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely smooth and set aside.
2. In separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.
3. Pat half of oatmeal mixture into 8 X 8 greased pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
6. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
7. Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.
8. Return to oven and bake for additional 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool COMPLETELY before cutting…or else this is what you will end up with (I'm very impatient, but it still tasted great! I let the rest cool in the pan and took the entire pan to the new mommy and daddy to enjoy).
My "baby" waiting for me at home!