1/4 cup unbleached flour
1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 large egg
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
1 cup chopped pecans
4 trout fillets
2 Tbsp Canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, seasoning, and garlic powder.
3. In second dish, whisk together egg and milk. Put the pecans in a third dish or plate.
4. Coat the side of the fillet without the skin with flour and then the egg wash.
5. Press it gently into the pecans to coat thoroughly. Repeat with remaining fillets.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, and when hot, sear the trout, skin side up, for 2 minutes. Turn fish fillets gently with spatula and sear the skin side for 2 minutes longer.
7. Transfer the fillets to a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.