Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Homemaking

I moved into my new home in November and have had the best time trying to decorate it.  I started with almost nothing but a bedroom set, but over time I have furnished a second bedroom, office, living room, dining room, sitting area in the kitchen, and a family room.  I still have so much more I would love to do on the inside, yet I think with this spring weather approaching, it's time to take things outside!


My mom is going to help me figure out what to plant in front of my house, and I would also love to spruce up the backyard, but that might have to wait until next year.  I'm so excited to pick out some beautiful plants and flowers so there will be some color in the front of my house! What are some of your favorites?


Then, I have come to realize I need a grill.  I will not lie, I'm scared to death to try to use a grill (it will not be a charcoal one like this…that is way too nerve wrecking for me!).  But it's time to put on those Big Girl Pants again and learn yet another (in my opinion) manly task.  Remember, I tackled building a fire, shoveling snow, taking out the trash, and using tools?  Here's my next Big Girl Project.  


And then, what I really can't wait to do…
Get some new furniture for the deck so I can enjoy a nice glass of vino on a beautiful night!

Tuesday night I went to a wonderful wine tasting with some amazing girls.  We had a great time, and I came home with three new bottles of white wine which I can't wait to share with you soon!  Spring/Summertime equals white wine on the deck with great company!

I am lucky to have the worlds best neighbors…I swear!  Our whole little block is just too sweet and fun! We all have dogs which makes it a friendly environment for the fur babies.  Let me tell you, the couple on the end are super sweet and have a son who always helps with the snow removal, the next house is a fun younger woman with a young boy who loves to sit on the porch on a nice evening with a glass of wine and chat.  Then it's the couple next door.  So sweet and hardly ever make a peep, but always friendly.  And on the other side I have a single mom with her teenage son who helps shovel and rake our  whole row.  And the ultimate award goes to my very next door neighbor who not only helps me with electrical issues, and loves to play with Baxter, but the other week I came home to find him cutting back some of the tree branches so "sap won't get on my car," cleaning out all of our gutters, mulching all of our lawns and nearby trees and mailboxes, raking, and filling in any wholes with dirt.  He is amazing and does everything out of the good of his heart.  He makes me want to be a better person in turn, helping out more people the way he does.  I am trying to think of ways to say "Thank You" to he and his wife…any ideas? I have a couple ideas, but I know you all are so creative!

Anything you are doing to get your house ready for spring?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Next time I come home I want to come over and see all that you've done since I was last there! Maybe we can even have a girls night? I can't wait to see you with the sun shining on our faces!!!! It will be here before we know it! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so great that you live in such a social neighborhood! and isn't decorating gradually fun? i've had the same beddding and bare bones of my college room all four years, but each year it's become a little more cozy and personal because over time i've acquired more and more decorative touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be nice to bake something for your neighbors who help you out so much.
    It sounds like you have a wonderful neighborhood!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neighborhood sounds so lovely!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete