Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Treats: Butterscotch Pecan Slices


So, let me first start off by saying I made these cookies by mistake.  I thought I was making another cookie recipe, but I was on the phone with a friend and was not quite paying complete attention.  Whoops!  But no problem, really, as I still made great, yummy, warm cookies on a chilly winter night!  (Plus, it was sooo nice to catch up with a dear friend)

Second, I'm clearly aware that this is Thursday and not Tuesday.  Again, with this ice we have been having up here, I did not get a chance to bake until Tuesday evening, so I apologize.  But, fear not, here is a great recipe for baking!

Ingredients
6 Tbsp butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Directions
1.  In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  
2.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.  
3.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
4.  Stir in pecans.  
5.  Shape into two 7-inch rolls.  Wrap each in plastic wrap.  
6.  Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
(If you know me, you know I don't have much patience and could not wait 2 full hours!)
7.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8.  Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
9.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.  
10.  Remove to wire racks to cool.

ENJOY!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look darling and that butterscotch flavor sounds delish. I have a sweet treat linky on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your treat up.
    http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete