It finally feels like spring time around here and I sure hope it's sticking around.
After going for a nice run on the trail yesterday, I came home to make this easy, yet healthy dinner.
6 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 lemons, 1 sliced, 1 juiced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
8 small red potatoes, washed and quartered
1. Coat 9 X 13 pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line pan with sliced lemon.
3. Combine remaining olive oil in a large bowl with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Add green beans to mixture, and toss to coat. Remove with tongs and place on top of lemon slices in pan.
5. Add potatoes to mixture and toss. Remove with slotted spoon and place around edge of pan over green beans.
6. Add chicken to mixture, toss, and place on top of beans. Top with remaining mixture.
7. Bake for 50 minutes, or until potatoes tender (I placed in oven while preheating and still only took 50 minutes max).