Quite a different Thanksgiving around here, as we are in our new home and have little rushing around to do. AND this is my VERY first holiday NOT working, AND not working the day before and after. Now, that is something to be thankful for this year!
I'm very blessed to have such wonderful and amazing friends and family. I truly count my blessings each and everyday and am thankful to not only have each and everyone of them there by my side during the hard times, but more importantly, to share all the good times with me, too!
Today we are headed to my aunt and uncles house for Thanksgiving. I'm so excited to see each and every one of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and especially, my Granny! I'm bringing over Pumpkin Crisp and thought I would share the recipe with you all to enjoy!
Barb's Pumpkin Crisp
(this recipe is from one of my very favorite nurses I used to work with whom I will always look up to)
15 ounces pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 (18.25 oz) package butter flavored yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted
ground nutmeg, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9 X 13 baking dish.
3. Stir together first 5 ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
5. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
6. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
7. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.
8. Bake for one hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 min before serving.
10. Serve warm or at room temp with whipped cream, if desired. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.