Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Bucket List

What a great movie! It really makes you think; what is truly important in your life and what do you want to do before you die? After being an oncology nurse for a couple years, I feel this question has come up more than a few times. And so many of my patients would give me great advice on and a different outlook on life. Some days I would think I was having a bad day, then I would get to work and talk with my patients and realize, my life is pretty good. But it also makes me think of things I would like to do before I die. If tomorrow, or next week, or next year never came, what would I have liked to accomplish?

I feel I have partially accomplished some of the ideas on my bucket list, such as:

1. Go away to college and graduate with my BSN (GO VOLS!)
2. Find a nursing job I truly love.
3. Live on my own.
4. Complete my Masters degree in Nursing.
5 Fall in love and marry the man of my dreams
6. Have my dream wedding
7. Honeymoon in Hawaii
8. Vacation in the Bahamas, Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St John, St. Thomas, and Mexico
9. Fly first class
10. Take dance lessons (Okay, so we didn't exactly finish them, but we had fun during the couple we went to! And trust me, the instructor is probably glad we didn't complete our package, as we need more help than she could provide!)
11.  Hot air balloon ride.
12.  Learn sign language (alright, I already forgot most of it, but I did take it for a semester in college and it was by far one of my most favorite classes where I learned a great deal).
13.  Go parasailing.
14.  Live at the beach for a summer.



But there is still so much more I want to do in my life:

1. Visit all 50 states (or at least most of them)
2. Meet Peyton Manning (I mean, outside of OCI in Knoxville)
3. Go Sky Diving
4. Go on a cruise
5. Learn to stitch, and be taught by my grandmother
6. Take sailing lessons
7. Watch the sunrise with the love of my life
8. Open a gift shop
9. Stand outside The Today Show at Rockefeller Center
10. Stay at Sea Island Resort in Georgia
11. Experience a true "Spa Day"
12. Take an annual girls trip...and really stick to it, regardless of weddings, pregnancies, and births! (No wonder guys can take these trips each year without difficulty!)
13. Decorate our dream home
14. Go to "Regis and Kelly Live" and meet the two of them!
15. Take golf and/or tennis lessons
16. Host a dinner party, and I mean, a real sit down dinner party, not just our usual cookout atmosphere (although, we love to entertain outside on nice days!) with our fine china and all!
17. Visit the Greek Islands
18. Adopt a family for Christmas
19. Become a mother
20. Buy my first home
21. See the Cherry Blossoms in D.C.
22. Stay at a bed and breakfast 
23. Visit the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco
24. Grow a garden full of beautiful flowers and veggies
25. Host an annual Christmas party
26. Fly in a helicopter (cant believe we decided not to do this in Hawaii now!)
27. Go wine tasting in Napa Valley
28. Attend the Kentucky Derby
29. Visit these sunny spots: Antigua, St Kitts, St Martin, Anguilla, Barbados, Cayman Islands, St Lucia, Turks and Caicos, St Croix, Bermuda, and Costa Rica (I have a lot to do!)
30. Take an annual week vacation in North Carolina's Outer Banks or somewhere that becomes a family tradition.
31.  Go to the Biltmore Estates at Christmas time.
32.  Ride a train 
33.  Own a pet
34.  Go zip lining 
35.  Go apple picking.
36.  Visit Niagara Falls
37.  Visit Ireland.
38.  Visit Italy.
39.  Be kissed in the rain.  
40.

Now, what's on your bucket list?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely I want to go to the Kentucky Derby! I've stopped at the airport in New York, but I want to shop and dine in New York City! Up soon...visit Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah and spend a weekend in Charleston. I also want to visit Carmel, California.

    ReplyDelete