Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Summer!


Wow, the year is flying by and summer is officially here!  In between working, taking golf lessons (yes, and I love it!), heading to my parents place at the beach, bridal showers, engagement parties, welcoming babies into the world, I have still found some downtime for myself.  A group of us headed off to Bald Head Island for Memorial Day weekend, what a wonderful, relaxing place!  Here are the girls…and I swear, we did not all plan our white jeans night!  

Our view from the pool looking over at the croquet players and golfers on the first day.  We headed over to the beaches and the other club for some relaxation by that pool one day, too.  

Old "Baldy" 

Katie and I even thought it was a great idea to run a 5K the second day there…reallll fun let me tell you, after drinking a few glasses of wine the night before, and then (do not let this fool you) running up dunes and hills and wondering if it was ever going to end!


I have also enjoyed the beautiful weather and eating outdoors on the deck.  Don't forget to check out The Two Green Foxes for some of our delicious recipes!  Last night I made Spinach "Burgers" and Sweet Potato Fries.

And for lunch, I made a delicious Avocado Chicken Salad…I'm telling you, best chicken salad I have had so far…and healthy and light!


A side of a cool refreshing Strawberry Cucumber Salad…what's not to love about summer?! 

Hope you all are staying cool and having a wonderful summer so far!


Photobucket

2 comments: