Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Treats: Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Cake


After a couple weeks of chocolatey recipes I needed a break (I know, I never would have thought I would say that!)  Loving the summer weather, I wanted to bake something a little more refreshing and found just the cake on Pintrest!  

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
Zest of one lemon
2 1/2 cup flour, divided
(I used 2 1/4 only)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 ounces plain, Greek yogurt
(I used 7 oz Fage plain Greek yogurt)
12 ounces of strawberries, diced
(I probably used more than that)
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
2.  In medium bowl, whisk together 2 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix in lemon zest and set aside. 

 3.  In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add each egg, one at a time and beat well.  
4.  Stir in one tablespoon lemon juice. 
5.  Alternate mixing in flour mixture with yogurt, mixing until just blended.
6.  (Combine strawberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour- I skipped this part).
7.  Gently mix berries into batter.

8.  Pour batter into prepared Bundt cake pan. 

 9.  bake for about 60 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
10.  Allow to cool in pan for 20 minutes.

 11.  Turn out cake and let cool completely.  

 12.  Once cool, combine remaining lemon juice (I actually used just from an entire lemon) and powdered sugar (I put a couple more spoonfuls of powdered sugar in bowl also). 
13.  Drizzle over top of cake.

ENJOY!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This sounds simply heavenly to me right now. I would love a piece!

    ReplyDelete