Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Treats: Sweet Lemon Pie

My dad loves lemon pie, and if you read my post yesterday, you know I was ready for lighter desserts with this nice weather.  Yesterday I made this pie for my dad and got to enjoy a nice little jog out on the trail with my mom followed by a nice dinner at their house and my dad got his pie! 

Ingredients
3 egg yolks
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 (8 or 9 inch) graham cracker crumb crust
Whipped topping or whipped cream
Lemon zest (optional)

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  
2.  Beat egg yolks in medium bowl with rotary beater.
3.  Gradually beat in condensed milk and lemon juice. 
4.  Pour mixture into pie crust.
5.  Bake for 30-35 minutes until set.

6.  Cool for 30 minutes.

7.  Chill for at least 3 hours.
8.  Before serving, spread with whipped topping over pie.

Garnish with lemon zest, if desired. 

ENJOY!!!

We sure did!  (Well, not me, but my family did…I will be trying after Easter!)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I saw this all the time, but YUM!! I love how easy so many of your recipies are to make. They are great for when people come over for dinner and I need to throw a dessert together-homemade and easy! And they are ALWAYS a hit!!

    ReplyDelete