Wanted to send you all lots of hugs & kisses!
I wanted to Thank You all for all your love and support recently.
As many of you have noticed, I have been slacking on my blog posts, and I'm sorry for that, but it's for a good reason.
My husband of 11 months decided 3 days before our first anniversary in September that he no longer wanted to be married. He said he was "confused" and did not know if he wanted children and the life we had planned for anymore.
As devastating as it was at first, I can honestly say I'm happier now than I have been in years.
Each day gets a little easier and I hope the tears are far and few between now and are replaced with smiles and laughs along the way.
I owe it to my friends and family and you all to get me through such a difficult time.
All your emails and messages meant more than you will ever know, so
I wanted to give you all a hug and kiss to say THANKS, but since that is not possible (although I would love to travel to see/meet each one of you), I thought I would add some of my favorite recipes made with
HUGS AND KISSES...
Hershey's Hugs and Kisses that is!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
(Makes about 4 dozen cookies)
48 Hershey Kisses
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unwrap Hershey Kisses.
3. Beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar, and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry mix to peanut butter mix.
4. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie.
6. Remove cookie to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Christmas Pretzel Treats
bite size waffle-shaped pretzels
Hershey's Kisses or Hershey's Hugs
Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
Spread pretzels in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Top each pretzel off with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hug.
Bake about 4 to 6 minutes until the chocolate feels soft when touched with a wooden spoon.
Remove cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press M&M candy into center of each Kiss.
Allow treats to cool for a couple minutes, and then place into refrigerator to set for about 10 minutes.