Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Treats: Mom's Pumpkin Bread


To kick off Thanksgiving, I thought it would be perfect to start the morning with my mom's pumpkin bread. Apparently, I wasn't the only one with this idea, as my mom and sister asked me to make some extra for them!

Ingredients
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
3 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 2 loaf pans.
3. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
4. Add sugar, cooking oil and water.
5. Mix well and add eggs.
6. Blend thoroughly.
7. Add pumpkin and blend.
8. Divide batter into 2 loaf pans.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or more until toothpick comes out clean.

ENJOY!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment